My blog has moved!

Visit http://www.codeprogression.com or http://www.elegantcode.com/about/richard-cirerol and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Wrapping up the StructureMap Automocking Container

I have been using StructureMap.AutoMocking with MSpec (Machine.Specifications) and Rhino.Mocks for a few months now.  Although I am very comfortable with the patterns that emerge from using the frameworks together, introducing StructureMap.Automocking to other developers is sometimes challenging.

When viewing a specification or test set up with the Rhino.Mocks or Moq automocking container, what is being tested is not readily apparent.  Once the concept is explained and demonstrated, these same developers seem to have no issue with maintaining the specifications/tests. 

I decided to wrap the details of the container to make the intention clearer and explanation easier.  I have started using this wrapper in my projects, and have found it makes building up specifications more efficient in my daily coding.

See the full post at ElegantCode.com

No comments:

Post a Comment